• Важно
    Имате проблем со најава или регистрација на it.mk?
    Побарајте го решението на вашиот проблем ТУКА!

Дали NSA има ставено backdoor во новиот енкрипциски стандард?

Статус
Затворена за нови мислења.

LiquidWorm

Администратор
26 март 2007
www.zeroscience.mk
Did NSA Put a Secret Backdoor in New Encryption Standard?

Commentary by Bruce Schneier

Random numbers are critical for cryptography: for encryption keys, random authentication challenges, initialization vectors, nonces, key-agreement schemes, generating prime numbers and so on. Break the random-number generator, and most of the time you break the entire security system. Which is why you should worry about a new random-number standard that includes an algorithm that is slow, badly designed and just might contain a backdoor for the National Security Agency.

Generating random numbers isn't easy, and researchers have discovered lots of problems and attacks over the years. A recent paper found a flaw in the Windows 2000 random-number generator. Another paper found flaws in the Linux random-number generator. Back in 1996, an early version of SSL was broken because of flaws in its random-number generator. With John Kelsey and Niels Ferguson in 1999, I co-authored Yarrow, a random-number generator based on our own cryptanalysis work. I improved this design four years later -- and renamed it Fortuna -- in the book Practical Cryptography, which I co-authored with Ferguson.

Повеќе: http://www.wired.com/politics/security/commentary/securitymatters/2007/11/securitymatters_1115

:))

Статус
Затворена за нови мислења.

Нови мислења

Последни Теми

Онлајн членови

Статистика

Теми
Мислења
Членови
Огласи
Најнов член